I've always wanted a Red Planet Battle Board since I saw a Chaos Blasted wasteland at Golden Demon 1991 24 years later I have one! I can't say it was an easy ride, I made some mistakes in the painting process - mainly thanks to dodgy varnishes.


With Ad-Mech potentially round the corner hopefully there will be a resurgence of Red Planet Battle Boards, they're all the rage.


If you want to see all the finished pictures, you can see them here: http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/terrain-is-everything-project-realm-of_23.html
Hopefully there will be some battle reports featuring 'Ferron Proxima' [my own red planet] coming soon.


In case you're interested the process was a texture spray first [which may have been a mistake as I'm not sure it stuck to the plastic as much as I'd hoped] then Red Oxide primer. Shadow washes with black emulsion, PVA and water mix. Then drybrushed highlights with cheap Vermilion art acrylic, then mixed with a 'Pumpkin' coloured Craft Acrylic for further highlights. Finally a splatter of Bonewhite for added detail and some Gale Force 9 yellow flock PVA'd into the crevices.



You can see all the WiP pictures and all the trials and tribulations in my Tutorials here: http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/p/tutorials.html
Anyone else with a Red Planet Battle Board leave a comment below!

3 comments :

  1. Wow, looks amazing. Normally I find these boards to be a bit bland - not yours! Great colour scheme/ idea.

    * doffs his hat to you *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously a great job on that. I have one we have yet to paint and this gives me some ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour scheme is incredible.
    Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...