Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

Hi there! I bought Citadel texture Valhallan Blizzard during Armies on Parade 2016 and tried it as soon as I got back home. I was very lucky to have a perfect miniature to show the snow effect - Chaos Space Marines Cultist of Tzeentch from Warhammer 40k Dark Vengeance set. I painted it some time ago, but I still thought it wasn't finished - until now =) I hope that you like the results! Below is a short review of this new Games Workshop paint and a video in which I show how I use Valhallan Blizzard. It was meant to be used for making a snow-covered base, but I also tried to make a freshly fallen snow effect on the miniature.


Valhallan Blizzard isn't exactly a texture paint, despite it belonging to Citadel texture paint range. It's just a specific mix that can make quite good snow effect.

Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

It has a very grainy consistency and doesn't look like snow at first glance.

Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

It is quite hard to put this snow on your model and it doesn't matter if you use a brush or a toothpick. I advice using a brush to put it on your miniature and a texture spreader for the base. 

Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

I was nicely surprised with the snow effect on the miniature. Valhallan Blizzard dries slowly and let's you put it wherever you want it to be and with just the right amount.
 
Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

It took me 10 minutes to cover the whole miniature with the snow effect. 
I'm very pleased vith the results and I will definitely use it on more winter miniatures. 
What do you think?
 
Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard

Snow Effect - Citadel Valhallan Blizzard


If you have something to say about my post, have any idea to expand it, want to share your examples or you just like my blog - please comment, like and share it with your friends. I really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Morpheus "The Fantasy Hammer"
thefantasyhammer.blogspot.com

2 comments :

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...